Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wars, battlefields, and who knows what else?

What I don't get is this obsession to say that love is a battlefield.
But I do know that it isn't a new obsession cause there is that other song too from forever ago.
Anyways, who wants love to be a battlefield?? Honestly, who??
I certainly don't like the concept that falling in love is like going to war!
As you know, I'm one of those who still hold out hope that when it's the right person it won't be hard, so
tell me why the hell I would I want to compare love to a battlefield?
I think the people who do do it because they want the other person to love them.
In fact the other person might even think that they love said soldier but I don't think they truly do.
If one or both parties are continually getting wounded like in a battle or war then that's not love they are in it's something else,
lust possibly, co-dependency , or maybe they just aren't in love anymore .
But whatever the reason that people feel that love is a battlefield it isn't healthy.
Any relationship that is that difficult to maintain and is that painful should be ended as soon as possible.
Because if someone doesn't love you(especially if they don't know they love you) there is no way to fix that you
can't make them love you so say goodbye and good riddance because any person not in love with you is stupid and insane.


No comments: