Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My week in detail in some areas and vague in others

Wanna start with sunday?
so i went to church which was awesome as usual, the music is always great and the message is funny and convicting.
Then I came home, and had lunch with mommy, and Maeg.
Then we went to Pennsylvia to go to this gas station with really good soda and cheap cigarettes.
Then we hung out at Yana and Kenny's and had Taco's for dinner!
We came home, and watched some silly movie I think.
Monday!
I love mondays! they are a fresh start and I LOVEEE IT!
So this particular monday was special cause I had to take my placement test
I left Middletown on the 7:24 train heading to secaucus.
When I got there I couldn't find my next train and I only had like 4 minutes to do so.
Finally after running around the entire(huge) station I asked this nice looking cop how to get to the Newark Penn station train and he told me, but I was still running late.
I get to my platform, and look at the little TV that says whether the trains are on time or not, and mine is running 5 minutes late (thank you God!)
So I get on the trenton train and get off in Newark, and from there it was easy cause all I had to do was take the PATH to journal square which is less than a mile from my school.
Finding the PATH is super easy cause it just has one platform and its not numbered but labeled PATH.
So I bought a metro card, and got on the PATH.
I got off at journal square on JFK blv.
My school is on JFK blv so I figured I would just walk there.
I walk and the road curves (I'm in Jersey city so not that much but you get the picture) and I walk a ways and realize that I should at least be able to see the school by now.
Up until this point it had been sprinkling slightly, but suddenly it's all out raining, and not a drizzle like really raining.
So the hood goes up, and there is a tree in the middle of the sidewalk so I huddle under it for a few minutes and wait for the rain to let up a little.
Now I'm standing under this tiny tree thinking and praying "Lord what the hell am I gunna do now?"
Then I think well maybe its just a little farther up.
The rain lets up a tiny bit, and i start walking again (mind you its about 9:28 and my test is at 10) and I see someone walking towards me and think"hey why not ask for directions?"
So I ask this nice lady with and umbrella which way St Peter's is and she says she is sorry but she just moved here from New York and has no idea.
Obviously I high 5 her and say "Me too" and "thanks" and keep walking.
The next person maybe 10 feet further down the block doesn't speak good english, and the next is a little thuggy but says I should go ask inside the laundry mat right behind him.
So I walk into the laundry mat, and at first I don't know what to do.
There is no one behind the counter, and a room full of diligent launderers are staring at me.
So I look around for a second at all the blank faces.
Finally I just direct my question to the entire room "Does anyone know which way Saint Peter's College is?"
A lot of their expressions remained black, and I almost thought I was out of luck.
But then this nice short man gives me directions.
Apperantly I had turned off of JFK a few blocks back and hadn't realized it.
So back on the right track I call up the person in charge of the "first year experience" and let them know i will be a few minutes late.
they sounded annoyed but it didn't bother me since I was doing the "adult thing" and calling to say I was late.
Then as I'm walking down JFK, and the rain has just about subsided this man in front of me cautions me about a puddle, and I, politely, say thanks.
He then proceedes to continue a conversation for about 5 blocks with a heavy mexican accent discussing his life in Mexico, his difficulty learning our language, and his shock at my being able to understand him.
Then finally just before I reach the school he says goodbye, and I walk the length of campus and reach lolya (or something like that) hall, go inside, and take my test.
The way back was much less eventful.
I didn't get lost or anything, but I did spend 20 minutes in Newark figuring out where my next train was coming from, but that was okay because I had an hour before it arrived anyway.
Then I took the train all the way home, John picked my up from the station, and we got slushies like the independent adults that we are, and came home to watch the rain, and the Ugly Truth.
John left, I made dinner(amazing Beef stroganoff), watched true blood with mommy and maegy, and took at walk.
I showered read my Bible a little and went to bed.
Tuesday
Tuesdays have never been my favorite day, but this one was a pretty good one.
I woke up at 7:30
Just like every other weekday I read my Bible and drank coffee(black).
then I started the laundry, and did the litterbox.
By this time it was 8:40, and tabby got up so we went for a walk around the twin towers loop, usually we walk for 1/2 an hour but she woke up a little late.
Then we came home she showered, and I did the dishes after she left for work.
At around 10 Kevin texts me and I get ready to go to Steph's with him.
He gets here a while later, and we go to steph's, and all three of us sat on her bed for a good hour, and just talked cause we had to catch up since she had been gone for a week setting her room up in the Bronx.
So then we decide to stop being lame and go somewhere.
Steph goes fishing for quarters in the change bowl, and I bribe Kevin with thr promise of coffee as long as he s good.
We ended up at McDonalds on Dolson cause steph, as always, wanted fries.
So we sat there for about and hour and a half gossiping drinking coffee eating french fries, and watching the guys outside scrape paint off the playplace.
Now we decided that we were starting to look pretty lame, so we load back up in the car, and head to Kevin's house.
Kevin has told me a lot about his family, and not much of it has been positive so my expectations are bleak.
When we get there his little sister makes fun of him for doing no chores, which I appriciate because anyone who makes fun of Kevin is okay with me.
We sit and chat in his room, which has pink polka dot curtains!, and his mommy gets home and i say the whole nice to meet you stuff, and she starts to cook.
We stay for lunch, but its like 2:45 so thats like i guess just a late lunch, and I dont eat cause I had salad and ice cream for breakfast at 10, but steph and kevin eat.
His mom informs us about rino mating rituals, and then kevin has to work so he brings us home.
Steph and I bake a cake, and discuss how his family really doesn't seem so bad maybe he is just a drama queen(well she put it more nicely than that but..) and we watch the newest episodes of hung.
Then we watch the invention of lying,which looked amazing but was ridiculously long and disappointing.
Towards the end of the movie mommy and ty get home so after its over we start dinner.
I made mediteranean orzo salad, and fried zichini and squash.
Steph ices the cake.
We eat.
Tab and Mom go to the gym.
We help Ty clean his car after he and Maeg fail in their attempt to change her tire in Cheeseburger in Paradise parking lot.
We made Ty into a superhero, and found some really really really old fiesta potatoes that had turned green.
Then Mommy and Tab got home, and Me and Maeg borrowed Tabby's car to drop Steph off and Ty went on his date.
After we dropped Steph off at home we went to shoprite to get cupcake stuff for Maeg's work party, and came home and baked them.
We watched pretty little liars, and then I read my Bible and went to bed.

No comments: